Freedman Seating Company a leading manufacturer of bus and commercial truck seats located on the west side of Chicago has an immediate opening for a Welding Technician. The Welding Technician provides technical welding skills and leadership support to the shop floor. Train and assist new and current welders with welding technique in different processes. Ensuring completion of all weldments to prescribed levels of quality, in a timely manner, and with proper documentation.
This position is a mid-level position working with the Welding Engineer. The candidate for this position will be able to establish work performance standards for welding areas, and ensure proper welding procedures are being used. Demonstrate proper welding technique in 1-4 F&G positions. Apply knowledge and experience in training welders and addressing issues and concerns when it comes to quality.
• Assist in the development of weld quality control process.
• Assist quality department in maintaining weld quality
• Support project engineering on new and existing programs.
• Develop and maintain work instructions for welding (WPS,SOP’S).
• Champion assigned engineering changes, communicate and coordinate accordingly with welders.
• Must have the ability to read standard measuring equipment, including, height gage, micrometer, caliper, tape measurer, measuring scale, fillet gauges and protractor.
• Assist in lean and six sigma events.
• Ability to troubleshoot, brain storm, and determine root cause failures.
• Must have a keen eye for cosmetic/aesthetic failures.
• Ability to use Microsoft office programs (Word, Outlook, and Excel).
• Maintain a positive working relationship with all levels of the company and have solid interpersonal and communication skills.
• Adherence to all company policies and procedures.
• Bachelor’s degree in weld technology, or equivalent experience(10+years).
• Must have a minimum of 10 years welding experience in a manufacturing environment.
• AWS Certified Weld Inspector/Educator Required.
• Programming of robot welding systems a plus. (Motoman, Fanuc, ABB, Panasonic).
• Must be able to stand on feet for a period of time.
• Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
• Bilingual in Spanish/English and Statistical Process Control experience preferred but not required.
Qualified candidates should submit resume and salary requirements via email to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
We offer comprehensive benefits to include medical, dental, optional 401K. Freedman Seating Company is an equal opportunity employer.