Freedman Seating Company is a transportation seat manufacturer and a leader in our industry, so having an internship in our Engineering department is an excellent chance for a student to gain real-world, hands-on experience in the Mechanical Engineering field. Our intern will have the opportunity to experience all aspects of the Engineering department of a manufacturing company.
This person will rotate through some or all of the following departments at Freedman Seating:
1) Model Shop – Assist model shop technicians in fabrication of prototype parts and welding fixtures. Use of machinery such as band saw, lathe, drill press and mill will be required.
2) Testing – Become familiar with current testing requirements for the transportation industry. Aid test technicians in all aspects of current FSC test procedures.
3) M2M – Receive training in the current FSC Enterprise Resource Planning system, M2M. Aid in data acquisition and entry for all aspects of product flow, including purchasing, BOM entry, routings, shipping/receiving and inventory.
4) CAD – Work with current CAD operators to create part models, layouts and drawings using Solid Edge.
5) Small/Mid-size Bus & Truck Engineering – Assist in design and development of seating products for the Small/Mid-size bus and truck markets. Help investigate and resolve customer complaints and/or requests.
6) New Product Engineering – Assist in design and development of new seating products. Responsibilities would include part design, test plan development and implementation, evaluation and selection of vendors and product launch in manufacturing.
7) Transit Engineering – Assist in CAD layouts and application engineering required for heavy duty transit seating orders.
8) Manufacturing Engineering – Work with manufacturing engineers to resolve issues on production floor.
9) Quality – Assist quality personnel in evaluation and inspection of both purchased parts and FSC seat parts and assemblies.
• Mechanical Engineering Major
• Undergraduate students preferred, though graduate students will be considered.
• Experience with 3D CAD programs (Solid Edge and/or Solid Works preferred).
• Previous internship or co-op experience a plus, but not required.
• Comfortable performing hands-on work.
Interested applicants should send resumes to email@example.com.