Freedman Seating Company has been in business for over 120 years and is a leading manufacturer of transportation seating products (bus, rail, marine, delivery truck, commercial, and specialty vehicles). Located on the west side of Chicago.
Our Purchasing Department seeks a Material Planner/Buyer. This individual will be responsible for negotiating with vendors for the timely procurement of parts and materials in support of our production process.
- Responsible for negotiating and purchasing directly with vendors items by commodity engineered and built to order .
- Responsible for ensuring the material flow into the plant occurs in a timely and as needed manner.- expediting as needed
- Responsible for communicating with production supervisors/managers to verify and confirm material needs.
- Responsible for the tracking of raw materials and purchase orders.
- Responsible for working with vendors on ISO procedures.
- Responsibility for tracking PPV and cost reductions
- Minimum of 5 years purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Previous experience using bill of material, MRP systems and continuous improvement.
- Strong knowledge in Microsoft office, Excel and Access.
- Previous experience in lean manufacturing, Kanban, Just in Time, and visual factory management a plus.
- Must have strong problem solving abilities.
- Must be able to work in a fast pace environment and be able to handle multiple projects at one time.
- Demonstrate leadership ability for future job growth
Purchasing experience in a manufacturing environment: 5 years
We offer comprehensive benefits to include medical, dental, optical, and optional 401K. Freedman Seating Company is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified candidates should submit resume and compensation requirements via email at email@example.com or apply via Indeed below. No phone calls please