This is your chance to fight hunger. To show the world you care.
CROP Hunger Walks help children and families worldwide – including here in the U.S. – to have food for today, while building for a better tomorrow. Last year more than 116,000 CROP Walkers, volunteers and sponsors put their caring into action, raising funds to help end hunger and poverty at home and around the world.
This year, we are walking in the West Chicago (Oak Park) CROP Hunger Walk and I'd like to invite you to join FreedmanCares as a Walker or Supporter.
Go to our team page using the link below, then click the "Join Team" or “Donate Now” to show your support.
The event will take place on Sunday, May 3rd in Oak Park.
Here's how you're changing lives through the CROP Hunger Walk!
- $24 1-year supply of Vitalita™ nutrition packets for 20 children – to promote healthy development and prevent lifelong health problems.
- $50 seeds and tools to help a family grow their own healthy food to eat and to sell at market.
- $110 emergency food package – locally purchased and culturally appropriate – enough for a family of five for one month.
- $140 pigs in a pair – soon providing a piglet to share with another family in need of a great source of food and income.
- $300 10 meters of a shallow borehole well for a community desperate for clean, safe water and sustainable food security.
- $1000 pump and maintenance training – allows women and girls to grow food and attend school, instead of carrying water long distances daily.